At Mooney Family dental, we provide our patients with the latest in advanced, digital radiography.
Why do we take Xrays?
Dental radiographs (x-rays) are an essential, preventative and diagnostic tool that provides us with valuable information that is not visible during a regualr exam. Without x-rays, problem areas may go untreated. Dental x-rays may reveal:
- Abscesses or cysts.
- Bone loss.
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumors.
- Decay between the teeth.
- Developmental abnormalities.
- Poor tooth and root positions.
- Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line.
Detecting and treating dental problems at an early stage can save you time, money, unnecessary discomfort, and your teeth!
Advantages of Digital X-rays
Digital x-rays have many advantages when compared with old fashioned film-based machines, including:
- Reduced radiation exposure (up to 90% less than traditional systems)
- Enhanced ability to refine image quality
- Instant viewing (no waiting for films to develop)
- Environmentally friendly (no toxic chemicals)
Best of all, it’s easy for you to see what Dr. Mooney sees. Your digital x-ray can be seen on a computer screen located next to your dental chair. This helps you understand your needs and make and informed choice about any treatment.